Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hunger Games Tshirt DIY




Who doesn't love the Hunger Games? Since the DVD has recently been released I thought I'd dig up a picture of the shirt I made for the premier!

Supplies:
-Tshirt of choice
-Fabric paint of choice (I used tulip flat paint- the kind you need a brush for)
-Brushes or sponges (I used sponge brushes)
-Puffy fabric paint
-Adobe Photoshop or even Word (anything to make a stencil in)
-Access to a printer/ paper
-Exacto-Knife or fine scissors


Step One: I made a stencil in adobe photoshop using this outline image:


-link for the logo is here

-And you can download the font "Keep Calm"(for personal use only!) here



Step Two: Then I printed the stencil to size, cut out the type and logo, secured the stencil to the shirt in the placement that I wanted .

Step Three: Carefully fill the stencil with flat fabric paint. I used a sponge brush because I found that easier to control the amount of paint. Once the paint dries you can use black puffy paint (the kind that comes in a squeeze bottle with a fine tip- I like tulip) to outline the text and logo for a crisp finish.



Happy Hunger Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment