Monday, October 1, 2012

Craft Obsession: Martha Stewart Paint



So for this weeks craft obsession I bring you Martha Stewart. The goddess of craft herself has her own line of craft, baking, and party decoration supplies. I'll admit I think that it's WAY overpriced but the line has a lot of nice quality products. My advice: wait for a sale (the paints especially go on sale a lot at my local Michaels & Joann Fabrics) OR check out stores such as Marshalls or TJ Maxx.. the last time I was at TJ Maxx they had Martha Stewart packaging kits (adorable for candy & cookies) for 10% of the price they were selling them at Michaels (which happened to be right next door... awkward).


I'm obsessed with Martha Stewart craft paint because the dried paint is extremely true to the color on the bottle. I hate when I buy what I think is a hot pink and end up with a sad orange. No such fear when it comes from Martha! The paint also covers evenly in only a few coats and comes in a variety of adorable colors. I love all the matte paints and the glitter ones as well (although glitter takes a few more coats). I can't wait to try the chalkboard paint!

Using Martha Stewart craft paint you can create this adorable jewelry box!


Supplies:
-Wooden Jewelry box (I got mine at Michael's)
-Wooden cut-outs in fun shapes (great selection at Pat Catan's and Hobby Lobby)
-Martha Stewart craft paint (any kind/ color)
-Brushes
-Tape

Step One: Paint the whole box a base color such as white or cream- this makes the colors more vibrant.

Step Two: Paint away! Use painter's tape to make striped or other designs (or to keep edges clean). Make sure that all the paint is dry before closing any drawers or lids!! Wet acrylic will stick like glue!

Step Three: decorate wooden shaped and glue onto box! I made this for my little cousin's birthday!









2 comments:

  1. Cool Site! I just stumbled on it- I have storageheroes.blogspot.com but am starting a new blog about my fashion/crafts creations from storage unit finds. And my last name is Fox! What's even more ironic is that people tell me all the time I have Moxie! So I guess we were meant to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Maybe all of us Foxs have moxie! haha- glad you enjoyed the blog!

      Delete