Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake



I am about to share with you the recipe for the most scrumptious, delicious, sinfully amazing pumpkin spice bundt cake of all time... and it's super easy! When I say easy I mean really REALLY easy. So get baking because I know you will love this cake as much as I do and it's perfect for halloween, thanksgiving, or general autumn yummy pumpkin cravings (which I have a lot of).

What you need
-A box of spice cake (I used good old Betty Crocker)
-1 can of cream cheese frosting (also Betty brand)
-1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
-2 Eggs
-2 cups Sugar
-1 small can (14-15oz) of Pumpkin Puree/ Pumpkin Pie filling (the brand I used was called Libby's)

Baking your cake:

Step One:
-Preheat Oven to 350 F

Step Two:
-Mix in large bowl: spice cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup veg oil, 2 cups sugar, and pumpkin puree. I used a beater on medium for about 2 minutes. Mix until well blended. 

Step Three:
-Grease your bundt pan and then pour batter into pan. 

Step Four: 
-Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You want the cake to be moist so check your cake at 25 and every 5 minutes following. 
-Let your cake cool!

Decorating your cake:

Step One: 
-Empty frosting from canister into a microwaveable bowl. 

Step Two:
-Microwave for 8-10 seconds or until frosting is liquified. Be careful- frosting will start to burn if it's microwaved too long! If 10 seconds is not enough, stir the frosting before continuing to microwave.

Step Three:
-Add optional food coloring- I split my frosting into two bowls and made two shades of orange.

Step Four:
-Using a spoon or spatula, drizzle the frosting around the cake. Warning: it will get everywhere so have your cake on a plate to catch the frosting! 
-If the frosting begins to harden or becomes difficult to drizzle just pop it back into the microwave for 4/5 seconds!






Step Five:
-Make optional cake toppers- These are just halloween stickers & ribbon on wooden sticks! 











Happy Baking!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment