Friday, March 15, 2013

The Great Big St. Patty's Day Post



Well, it's March- the month where everyone is Irish. Give me green, glitter, and Shamrock Shakes! Celebrate in hipster style with these adorable mustache straws :)



 Supplies: 
-Sheets of glitter paper (I got one in light green and one in dark green)
-Scissors
-Standard Hole Punch
-Straws that bend
-Pencil/ pen

 Step One: On the back side of the glitter paper draw a mustache. The easiest way to do this is to draw two circles right next to each other. Then draw triangles on either side of the circles and add a curly shape to each end. You can also just print one out from clipart, cut it out and use it as a stencil.



 Step Two: Cut out your mustache and trace it however many times you would like on the back of the glitter paper. Cut out all of your mustaches.




 Step Three: Punch a hole in the center of your mustache. Place each mustache on a straw with the glitter side facing away from the end you drink from. Now you can be a super-hip glittery leprechaun every time you sip your Guinness on St. Patty's Day :D






 I also prepared a few other crafts for the holiday. I made this floral headband using paper flowers I picked up from the scrapbook section at Michael's and soft elastic (left over from making no-crease hair ties). I sewed the flowers in color gradation along the front of the headband. Make sure if you're using paper flowers that you really securely sew them to the headband. The paper rips easily.
 It's comfy, cute, and reminds me of Spring (which I need, since it's snowing in Pittsburgh right now). 




Some Ombre St. Patty's Day nails I did using a make-up sponge & gold glitter!



And of course it wouldn't be a holiday without decorated bowling pins! :)



And here's the sweater I'm wearing (kind of a mixture between my hunger games tee and rib cage sweater) Shamrock elbow patches! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment