Monday, December 31, 2012

DIY Glitter Heels



I saw a tutorial for DIY glitter heels a while ago on Pinterest.. and I loved the idea, but the process involved layers and layers of Mod Podge and TONS of loose glitter. Now, I love Mod Podge but it takes forever to dry and gets all sticky and I really don't think I have the patience to do an entire pair of shoes. So I found an easier way!



Supplies:
-An old pair of heels (mine are from Target)
-A can of Krylon Glitter Spray in a SIMILAR color to your shoes (it's much easier to make the shoes look)
-Krylon Glitter sealant

Step One:
-Prepare!
-Make sure there isn't any dirt on your shoes
-Lay down newspaper in a well ventilated area- the glitter will get everywhere.





Step Two: 
-Spray Shoes with glitter. Seriously it's that simple.. put your hand inside the shoe and evenly spray the shoe while steadily turning it.
-Let the shoes dry, assess how glittery the shoes are, add another coat of glitter if desired (check for missed spots too).




Step Three:
-Spray shoes with Krylon Glitter sealant for protection and voila!

There's no place like home!




No comments:

Post a Comment